At McDiarmid we love to build and we would love the opportunity to help you put together the perfect storage building for your lawnmower, snowblower, or gardening tools. Come in today and see how easy it is to make as storage space of your own!
Step by Step Building Instructions
Preparation: Ensure that site for shed is leveled.
- Cut 2 - 2x4's as indicated on hoop layout.
- Mark hoop locations on the 2 - 2x4's as per hoop layout.
- Nail the 2 - 2x4's to the outside edge of the center hoops.
- Cut and install floor blocking at center line of floor.
- Cut floor sheathing. Notch out for all hoop uprights including end hoops and place in position but do not nail.
- Cut and install blocking on front and rear hoops.
- Cut and install sheathing to front and rear hoops (save door cut out).
- Position and nail front and rear hoops to end of 2x4's and center floor blocking.
- Cut and nail in place sheathing on both sides.
- Cut and nail in place roof sheathing, leaving 1-5/16" overhang on both ends.
- Nail down floor.
- Cut and nail together the 2x3 door framing as per detail (square frame). Nail sheathing to frame.
- Install door by fastening hinges and door hardware to face of door. Now set the door on top of 3/8" shim in the opening, adjust to suit and fasten hinges to the shed. Remove the shim.
- Cut and nail in place all trim
- Shingle roof as per instructions supplied with asphalt shingles.
|Front Hoop||Door Framing|
|Rear Hoop||Typical Hoop|